Work with us!
How do we do it?
Exceptional service begins with, “How’s it going” and ends with a “Thank You”. Our goal is to take care of the people that take care of us! We understand that our guests “sign” our checks.
All our ingredients are made or cut fresh every day, from our hand tossed dough to our premium mozzarella and everything in between.
A good time is easy to find at Teak & Charlie’s! We love to have a laugh, cut-up, and poke fun. “YEAH OF YOU” We are having a blast and we want you to join us.
Come on in and EXPECT exceptional service, great food, and a good time!!!!
About working at Teak and Charlie’s JGP
We are always accepting applications and looking for folks who would be a great fit. We skillfully avoid being forced to fill a position by constantly trolling for excellent additions to our awesome team.
The biggest benefit we can give our current team is more great people to work with. Our unique application and interview process helps us find these people—Might you be the next one?
Why you might want to become a team member at JGP
- You will have the chance to make a difference, both while you are here and after you leave.
- You will get to practice respect, in a respectful environment. At JGP the relationship between team member and company is clearly stated as seller of Labor and buyer of Labor. It is not tipped in either direction. We don’t hire crew leaders or managers (they are promoted from within)! We don’t name a top pay. We have team members earning $7.50- $15!
- You will become a greater value worker for any company you work for, for the rest of your life. Hopefully it is here 😉
- You will get coaching and practice at accessing your best. You will get to own this access and use it to achieve things in every area of your life, forever!
- Our schedule is flexible and made out on a bi-weekly basis and we can accommodate most lifestyles. Just let us know. Most not all…..
You can enjoy a range of benefits.
- Free food and drink while on shift. (Discounted when you are off)
- Tips. We provide the place so you can provide exceptional service. Better you serve, better the tips 😉
- Surprise bonuses, spot rewards. When you go above and beyond we do too!
- We have several parties each year.
- We close or close early on major holidays and some small holidays.
- Evaluations: Every time you get a raise, you will also get a written evaluation which will outline why, and offer guidance towards your next raise.
- Vacation Pay: After one year all employees receive one weeks’ vacation pay. This is calculated by averaging the hours you worked in the year. It can be taken as time off, or you can take it in cash.
- At Teak and Charlie’s discretion you may be required to take some or even all of you vacation time in time off (vs. cash) or vice versa.
So, When can I start?!
It normally takes about 4 weeks and several interviews between sending in an application and being hired at JGP. If you need a job immediately and want to work here, then our advice is to…
- Fill out the application and E-mail, snail mail, or drop it by the pizza shop
- Find immediate employment somewhere else. Now instead of needing a job, you only need a great job. This makes it fun for us to talk.
- Come interview with us. If we’re a good fit, we’ll steal you away from the other place.
Read over the following pages to familiarize yourself with our policies and what is expected of you. If you are ready to send in an application then download it here, fill it out, and send to or bring into JGP.
If you have any questions regarding employment or your application status, please call 432-366-2000 between 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Wednesday
Am I qualified?
- You must be at least 15 years old to work with us.
- Able to make change, basic arithmetic
- Follow directions (written and verbal)
- Have common and uncommon sense
- Be fun to be around
- Be Happy
- If you are lazy, boring, have a bad attitude, no fun, and are JUST looking for a paycheck. Please don’t waste your time or ours, do not apply.
What job can I do?
Here is where we need people:
- Dough Tosser
- Dishwasher / Busser
What’s it gonna be like?
- We like to cross train so everyone can do everything.
- When we hire we outline what your job will be to begin with.
- Interact and communicate as a member of a team
- Interact and communicate with customer, co-workers, vendors, and supervisor in a respectful manner
- Take orders by phone and at the counter.
- Run cash registers
- Prep, make, bake, cook, cut and box pizzas to our specifications
- Clear tables
- Wash dishes
- Other tasks may be anything we ask of you.